One night she handed this paper to me and explained it was Anderson. I thought, "Hey; it really looks like him!"
She even included his emerging teeth, receding hairline, and the baby curls by his ears that I just can't bring myself to chop off just yet.
I tried to snap a picture of Anderson so others could appreciate the resemblance too, but babies are often not as cooperative as you want them to be in front of the camera. (he has top teeth like in the drawing, but for the life of me I could not get him to show them off)
Speaking of being impressed, two Sundays ago, it was Heidi's turn to have the kids' quiet book during sacrament meeting. One page is a shoe where you can tie the laces. She asked me how to tie them. Remembering my experience with Lydia and how much practice it takes kids, I hushed with a "later." She insisted that I show her and so I relented and tied it for her, but explained that I would only do it once and during church was not the time for me to teach her. She nodded in agreement. I slowly tied the laces and quickly whispered the 3 steps so I was able to give my full attention back to the speaker. Apparently that was all it took because a few minutes later she flashed me a big smile and proceeded to tie and untie the laces several more times on her own. I couldn't believe it! I'm proud of her determination to learn a complex task and excited that I'll never need to tie her P.E shoes again!
No comments:
Post a Comment