5/15ish/2025
To understandt his one, take a minute to familiarize yourself with the song Impossible from the Rogers & Hammerstein production of Cinderella.
It's a familiar move from my childhood. One of my children maybe Grant or Ander, lameted that something was "impossible" and so, of course, I prepare to elt out the line from that song, "Impossible...things are happening evvvvveryyyyy daaaaaay!".... But I start with, "Impossible...for a plain yellow pumpkin to become a golden carriage"
Ander, "a yellow pumpkin???"
Me: hm...yeah, that doesn't seem right. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. Is it country???
"Impossible... for a plain country pumpkin to become a goldn carriage."
[Lydia walks in]
L: a country bumpkin??? {laughs} sings "a plain country bumpking to become a golden carriage" ?!?
And then Chase who had just been quietly playing in the livingroon, apparently was paying some attention to what we were saying because, without missing a beat het cuts in (with his condescending this is so obvious tone, addresses Lydia:
"Yeah. That's why it's IMPOSSIBLE"
haha. yep....
and then I finish with , "Impossible...things are happening evvveryyyy daaaaay!"
2/24/2016
At dinner, Heidi pointed to the bowl of goopy homemade yogurt and observed, "Mom, that looks like that stuff...you know... people spray it in their mouth when their sad?"
Racking my brain, I finally got it! - "You mean whipped cream??"
Heidi: "Oh yea!!!"
Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment