Tuesday, June 7, 2016

What's for Breakfast?


I've often heard that deciding what's for dinner (or lunch or breakfast) is the hardest part.  Once you decide, it's downhill from there!  Something I've learned about myself is that I need variety.  I get bored preparing the same thing over and over and my kids get bored too.  Yet, I crave simplicity and ease.

The solution?  A 2-WEEK PLAN for breakfasts.  It provides enough variety, yet makes my mornings easy, especially when I double the batch and freeze half for later in the month.

Monday:
Oatmeal

Tuesday:
German Pancakes

Wednesday:
Muffins or quick bread (ex: banana bread, applesauce muffins, etc)
& sausage

Thursday:
Cereal (special treat for the kids!)

Friday:
Eggs & cheese with toast

Monday:
French toast with syrup

Tuesday:
Pancakes with Applesauce (unsweetened)

Wednesday:
Egg sandwiches (spinach eggs w/ bacon & cheese on a English muffin)

Thursday:
Waffles

Friday:
Granola & Yogurt (homemade)

Saturdays:
DAD COOKS Special Breakfast (usually scrambled eggs with veggies & bacon, OR fried eggs with homefries and bacon)

Sundays:
whatever I want! (I've done breakfast burritos, bagel breakfast sandwiches, scrambled eggs, etc)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...