Monday, August 15, 2016

For those not on Facebook...

I have mixed feelings about this!  On one hand, we had that sneaky feeling that our brood wasn't quite complete, on the other hand, it happened a bit sooner than I ever thought possible (and before I lost my last 10 lbs from Anderson...grr).

I feel a bit defensive announcing a 5th child.  I already get enough "hands full" comments at the grocery store and the overall societal trend for less kids.  I feel an immense pressure to be an amazing mom (since having 5 kids was "my" choice) while faced with the frustrating reality that I'm a greatly flawed human being.

At the same time, I feel so blessed.  I live in a country where I am allowed to have as many kids as I want.  I have a great husband who works hard so that we can afford all of our children (along with my frugal know-how ;) ) .  I have many friends who have greatly suffered from miscarriage and infertility. After modern medicine cured my own infertility, the thought of complaining that it was easy to have a 5th seems just selfish.

I'm not looking forward to 3rd trimester or delivery (I hate surprises and there's way too many unknowns/things that can go wrong in the delivery room), but I love seeing my kids play and be friends with each other.  I love babies and getting to snuggle up with them.  So I'm willing to risk it another time around and pray that things continue to go smoothly!

PS:  The kids are excited and happy. I always get them involved as much as possible in order to minimize any rivalry.  And Pat's been happy from the get-go... although he doesn't love the pregnancy part. I lose my temper a lot more and the hormones basically turn me into a crazy lady. (It's hard to live with Crazy Lady for 9 months, poor guy).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...