Wednesday, September 28, 2022

9/28/22

 Today was my first day substituting in Idaho. I was a half day assignment, which I thought was pretty low risk. I could still drop off and pick up the kids when I needed to. And I could still have some time beforehand to get some things done at home. Another reason I wanted to do this assignment was because it's at Owyhee High School. I'm considering having Lydia go there once we move to Nampa, if it's a possibility. I would have to drive her, which I'm not a fan of. But it's only 10 minutes away and a "regular" high school, unlike Idaho Arts Charter. Idaho Arts Charter is much smaller, which might be a good thing. But at the same time, they don't have the big drama productions of a regular high school that Lydia seems too much to enjoy. Also, with a big high school, I hypothesize that there is a higher chance of finding other students she likes to hang around. What if there's only a few Freshmen at Idaho Arts Charter, and she doesn't really connect with them?? If the school does allow me to transfer her, I also am hypothesizing that it would be easier to go from one public high school to another than have her go to the Charter school and transfer back to Owyhee if she doesn't like it. It's a huge decision for me to make. Honestly, I should figure out if it's even a possibility first. I'm not sure Owyhee would even accept her. That's why I'm here though. To collect information and see if this is a place I would even want her to be. 

I plan on going to the temple tonight to ponder and pray on it some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...