Thursday, February 16, 2023

Birthday Trip to Utah with my Middles Part 3

Wed. Feb 15, 2023 

We basically never take the kids out to eat, so it was a perfect activity for this special-occasion birthday trip. Here was Heidi & Grant's first time at In & Out. They thought it was good. Grant thought it was great that he could make *free* lemonade with sugar packets and their lemon wedges. (I think it's pretty awesome too that a fast food chain would have fresh lemon wedges)


DIY lemonade :)

Mom & Randy treated us to a local Mexican Restaurant in Payson. It was H & G's first time at a Mexican restaurant (I cancelled planetarium & bowling for it; I was getting partied out!) We learned that Grant strongly prefers soft flour tortillas to fried corn ones. He will eat beans, but not MASHED beans. Heidi ordered a dish that ended up being MUCH spicier than expected! We needed Pat on this trip to finish it, I can't handle that level of spice.


Not pictured: many trips to various DI thrift stores. I love shopping there because you can bu a lot for very little $$. Heidi scored her birthday wish: converse sneakers...for $6!!!

More cozy recliners while watching news & sports (both something they don't get at home, lol)

While Grant watching basketball, Heidi and I opted for cuddling on the basement couch with a bowl of caramel popcorn and watching Nacho Libre. (I had never seen it before... and didn't find it as funny as I hoped it would be. sigh.). Grandma joined us :)

Grandma made us a yummy breakfast and then we went on our way back to Idaho. I like to leave early in the morning (driving is much more manageable for me that way)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...