Thursday, July 6, 2023

Backyard Ice Cream Shop

For the second day in a row, I cancelled an outing to get Boba. (A long drive in addition to taking 10 kids into a drink shop and trying to organize orders was giving me anxiety). I hoped that the ice cream I had already bought would be an adequate conselation prize. To make it more of an "even" (and also less work for me!), I set up our store front that Pat made years ago. Heidi wrote up the flavor list for our "Ice Cream Shop." Grant insisted on bringing it to a whole other level by giving everyone fake money and assigning prices to all their ice cream options. (Options being: 1. bowl or cone 2. one flavor or two flavors, Ha!)
I thought it turned out great. It extended the length of ice cream eating considerably and trained them for a possible future job, if I do say so myself. Heidi took her job seriously recording everyone's orders and calling "order up!" to Tegan who then ran the paper to Grant inside the house. There he raced against the searing heat to measure out 4 oz of ice cream (often split between flavors) into a cake cones before the ice cream melted into soup. 
For future reference though: buy more vanilla based ice cream! Apparently chocolate is only appreciated by a select few. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...