Friday, June 14, 2024

June Little Things

Sun. June 2 Pat and I have a habit of staying in the car after church while the children run inside. Usually it’s a time to gather emotionally because Sundays are often an emotional tornado (especially car rides with certain kiddos). Sometimes we stay so long that Ander comes back out, climbs into my lap in the passenger seat in an attempt to cuddle with me (which I’ve taken to be his way of grounding himself and finding comfort after a stimulating 2 hours of church). This time Grant cuddled instead and so we grabbed a pic.


Mon June 3 

The boys convinced me to allow them to have a sleepover all in the same bed. They seemed to enjoy it and woke up ok. Later in the day some grumps emerged, so I think this will be the last sleepover!



My favorite show is Mister Rogers. My secret dream is to be a Mister Rogers, but I don’t have his mojo. He’s so unique and amazing. Sadly I’m alone in my opinion. The kids always whine and complain that they do NOT want to watch Mr Rogers. But I press play anyway, and 9 times out of 10, they get drawn into the hypnotic trance of Mr Rogers, slowly and quietly doing a simple task at his table.
Wed Jun 5th Early school, plus hormones, plus growth spurts have been rough on Grant. Poor guy gets so. tired.
 

Chase has been following drawing tutorials on ArtHub completely independently. I’m so impressed with the accuracy and details!



Sat Jun 8 

Heidi’s friend wrote on her arm in permanent marker on Field Day. She was surprised to find that when she washed the marker off, it still remained because of her sunburn/tan. :)


Sun June 9th Chase got a kick out of finding a small cozy place to nest


Thurs Jun 13th Ander likes to squish himself into small places at times as well. (Is this yearning for the days of swaddling as a baby?? lol)

Ice Cream bars after scripture study! (These were a gift from Noreen, who I minister to, for watching her cat while she was out of town. She's so sweet)

Fri Jun 14 

Some months ago, I invited the children to do the 1000 Hours Outside Challenge, with a pretty awesome incentive. Of course they found a loophole and prefer to sleep outside on the trampoline so that they get a solid 8 hours outside. (sigh…)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...