Saturday, July 20, 2024

Camp EedaHow w/ Mal & Grant's Awful Accident

 Wed. July 17, 2024

IG Caption:

Here is the only picture I took of our first attempt at camping with my sister and her family. [kids sitting on fence].

Overall it was really fun! ...

Except for one notable event. 

While playing Ghost in the Graveyard with no flashlight, Grant ran into one of the newly-installed stone picnic tables. He fell face first into the top. One tooth was knocked out and 5 others were loosened. It was awful. 

A real-life angel came to our rescue: a dentist that was willing to wait for us to drive 2.5 hours home and then spend nearly 2 hours working on Grant's mouth at 1am to stabilize his teeth, in the hopes that we can save his wonderful smile. I get teary every time I think about it. I don't know what we would've done without him. 

We still have a long road of ortho and root canals, but I'm so grateful for the miracles that make this hardship manageable. (My sister keeps reminding me: at least it wasn't his eye! Teeth are replaceable!)

Which is true. So scary for us, but could've been so much worse.

Because of Wendell's work schedule, Mallory & Fam never really get to go camping (and I thiiiiiink she would want to go), so I thought I'd plan a camping trip and her and the kids. I thought that if she was able to go with us, then she'd feel supported enough to go camping with the kids without Wendell. Welllll, Wendell got wind that I wanted to do this and really wanted to be included. He really wanted to camp on a Friday because that's his day off, but trying to find a campsite on a Friday last minute is LITERALLY impossible. You can even GET a weekday spot in Ponderosa last minute, let alone on a weekend. But the church camp Ee-da-how had a couple openings on Wed-Fri short notice. I grabbed them anyway. And Wendell ended up taking time off work because he really really didn't want to miss out. :)

 
The water was freeezing, but we swam anyway! True to form, Ander stepped out early and lounged quietly on the dock eager for the time when we would get out of the water and go back to camp.
Thurs. July 18, 2024


Grant after Bishop White worked on him for 2 hours. I should've taken a picture of his teeth (he regrets not having it now), but emotionally I was not at the point where I could look at them. And honestly I was afraid I'd faint or be sick. Looking back, I should've given Pat the camera. It's hard to take photos in hard situation when you don't know if it'll "turn out ok" and I was very present  in the moment (thus not thinking about photos!)

Eggs sausage and pancakes for breakfast!

Most of the group went with Pat to hike the Goose Creek Trail. The way we went last time was blocked off for construction so they had to go another which, which apparently was WAY more challenging in one part. Mal wasn't a fan, but Wendell seemed to really enjoy the hike. I stayed at camp with the invalids: Tegan (she has a knee condition and it went out the night before), Lydia (twisted her ankle badly a few days ago and wasn't recovered enough for a hefty hike), & Grant (no risks with his teeth healing!)










Fri. July 19, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...