Tuesday, September 30, 2025

Sept 2025 (San Francisco, Homecoming)

  Sept 2025

 

Mon. Sept 1
Because our elementary-aged kids get a free ticket to Roaring Springs, we take all the kids once a 
year. Summer has been very busy, so we ended up going on pretty much the last day you could go.
 Luckily it was hot enough to enjoy the water. Pat usually takes the kids, but with a broken finger, 
I had to brave it this year. I normally don’t love water parks and crowds, but it ended up working 
out nicely. All the big kids ran off to do their favorite rides. I was Chase’s buddy to wherever he 
wanted to go (which was mostly the lazy river). 
Wed. Sept 3

 

I substituted for one of Heidi’s teachers and managed to covertly snap a picture as the girls 

chatted with their friends during an extended passing period. (Heidi in orange. Lydia with the 

backpack on). My favorite sub jobs are when my children are in the class. 

Fri Sept 12

 

Pat and I really needed some time away. It was my turn to plan a getaway, but Pat’s so much better

 at it than me. So I chose the destination: San Francisco. And he basically planned the rest!

←played outdoor ping pong at Union Square near our hotel. 

→Rode the famous trolly. We thought we had knabbed good seats, but then people jumped on using

 the hand rails and were practically in our laps! (not as magical as I had hoped).  

→Unfortunately, 60 seconds after we hopped off the trolley, Pat took a stumble on the dangerously

 uneven sidewalk around the city trees. His hands were in his pockets so he fell on his leg hard. 

Luckily I had gauze, panty liner, and rubber band in my bag to hold things together until we got 

to Walgreens for first aid. I was already shaken (after his broken finger a few weeks earlier). He 

was such a trooper and didn’t let a little road rash affect our trip.

 

←enjoyed beautiful weather and scenery at the Palace of Fine Arts.

*I ate raw oysters and ceviche for the first time!


Sat. Sept 13

 

The houses are so beautifully unique in San Francisco. Everyone is gaga over the “painted ladies”

 (a row of 6 Victorian houses), but I thought the houses right across the street from them were far

 more magnificent. The turret rooms alone! Absolutely stunning. 

←The streets were VERY steep in some parts of the city. It was a good workout for our legs, but I 

couldn’t help but get nervous at all the cars parked at such extreme angles along the road!

 

→CHINATOWN (see the sign behind us? It’s a whole other land within the city. I was surprised just

 a few weeks later to hear Elder Gong in General Conference say that he grew up here in 

Chinatown! I never knew that about him.

←We ate a lot of new and interesting food. We found this tiny little Asian restaurant crammed 

with people. I may have been too courageous with my food choice: rice noodles with fish balls & calamari!


Mon Sept 15

 

→Probably the highlight of the trip was e-biking across the Golden Gate Bridge. Pat was so clever 

to figure out that we could ride bikes across the bridge, grab ice cream, and then take the ferry 

back across the bay with the bikes. E-bikes were able to make the pedaling much easier, which 

was a life saver on all those steep hills and miles to the bridge. 


Sat. Sept 20

Heidi and Lydia went with friends to the Homecoming school dance. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...