This morning I went to High Fitness at the Y with Jana. I like that she often varies her playlist a lot. And she's a dance teacher so her cues are very clear. I don't love that her class is very crowded each week. I suppose that's the one things I liked about COVID. It made for small fitness classes :D
We spent the rest of the day working on the house, with a break for meals. It's amazing how much I don't get done even though I'm there for hours. Perhaps I'm not using my time as wisely as I should? But I'm not sure how I could go faster and still be mentally healthy. Although I do need to watch that. I'm getting mad at the kids more easily, and I don't like that.
Pat took Grant & Heidi to Cheesecake factory to redeem their tickets they earning from doing schoolwork. We never take the kids out to eat. Even Pat and I go incredibly rarely. Heidi commented that she thought the activity was worth more than the 14 tickets they earned. They each got to pick a slice of whatever cheesecake flavor they wanted. I didn't think Pat would get one too, but he couldn't resist. So it was pricier than I was planning, but oh well. (It turns out I was correct in my predictions: that the kids would've ben able to finish their slice and Pat could've just eaten their leftovers. This way he had to eat his slice AND the kid's leftovers. That's a lot of cheesecake). Heidi chose some caramel flavor and Grant chose Celebration cheesecake (which Pat said was like, half regular cake, which I think is a sham... but Grant liked it).


No comments:
Post a Comment