This afternoon Mallory came over and taught Heidi and Lydia how to make strawberry jam with my low-sugar pectin. It turned out tasting good, but quite runny. I wonder if that's because of the lower sugar. I hope there's a way to tweak it because I'd love for it to be less runny. But I don't want to fill it with cup fulls of sugar.
Pat worked on the house most of the day (besides when he's working at his FULL TIME JOB). It's crazy. He's getting so stressed. I'm not sure I'm much help to him, but I'm trying. I worked most of the day packing up boxes for him to take to the Heritage house. And cleaning my bedroom because a plumber is coming tomorrow. There were lots of piles everywhere.
Mallory left her kids here and went over to Heritage to help paint. It was great because I was able to stay home and pack and things still got done at the house. I went by after dinner and finished taping the front room. Pat showed me the laundry room. Earlier in the day he laid the "sheet vinyl" (we don't say linoleum anymore) in the laundry room. It looks SO good! I wish we could've done that pattern in the kitchen, but because the previous owner have planks in the living room, we thought it would look to weird to have different colored planks in the kitchen. So we had to go with a gross light tile pattern. (We had to pick a design they had in stock. Options were LIMITED and not very good).

No comments:
Post a Comment