Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunday June 5

 I made waffles with strawberry sauce and whipped cream for the kids for breakfast this morning. Well, I made the batter and prepped the whip cream. I don't make full meals anymore if I can help it! Even with their help though, it's a big meal. I took the morning easy trying to stay patient and merciful with myself so I could be in a good mental state and enjoy the morning.  I helped Grant write up his primary talk and get him all ready for hat. He showers and combs his long hair all by himself. I love him. Because of all that, by the time I looked at my watch and realized it was time to get ready for church, I decided it was a "throw on a maxi skirt and no makeup" kinda Sunday. (A maxi skirt is basically sweats you can wear to church - HA!). Grant gave a talk in primary. It was a short talk (10 sentences or so) about Samson and using our talents to help others and keep our covenants. He did such a good job, even when he forgot to say "In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." That's how I knew he was nervous. We only wrote the first three words, not the whole sentence. And didn't put it in bold. So he just read the last sentence and walked directly back to his chair, lol.

Chase has the most adorable primary teacher. He's a short bald elderly man. (A young dad is his co-teacher, but you can tell Brother ____ runs the class). He always has Jolly Ranchers and Smarties in his pocket to give to his tiny class. Today on the way  out of church, he wordlessly handed Chase a grocery sack with some wooden toy cars inside. Amid Pat and my, "what's that bud?" and "thank you!" he and his wife explained that he makes wooden toys for a hobby and then just finds kids to give them to. We thanked him profusely, but he humbly muttered that it was just a 2x4, nothing much. When we got home we realized he had crafted the 2x4 into a truck that carries 3 cars like a puzzle! What a generous gift and a classic beautiful toy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...