Lydia's graduation was this morning! I was wound as right as a spring... so many details and timing to get right. I woke up early to make her food. Heidi was a huge help by curling her hair (Lydia had a specific vision in mind and Heidi did great). Pat drive her there early for her rehearsal.
I was anxious to find good seats, to get an adequate video of her waking the stage, and making sure we cheered loud since there were only 7 of us. (Grandma and Marlene were there too, but they were on the other side of the stadium in the handicap seating). I think it all went well, but man I was on edge the whole time; I wish I could've relaxed more. And I want more time with Lydia. I feel like I never got to do the things I wanted to do to deepen or relationship: traditions, one on one time, girls club, etc. so now I feel frantic to try to get these things going before she's off to college and it's too late.
And even after all that anxiety, late at night I noticed that I never got a good photo of just Lydia in hey cap and gown! Gah! I'm hoping I can convince her to get all dressed up again so I can get photos 😬. Chances are slim, but I believe in miracles!
It really hasn't hit my that she's done with school. It went by way too fast. I truly wish I could go back in time and do it all over again, but with my current brain and mind set. I think I'd appreciate it more and do things differently.
I'm the afternoon we had a luncheon. Costco sandwich platter, pepperoni pizza, fruit, pasta salad, and cupcakes. My mom went picked it ask up for me and prepped the sides; such a weight off my shoulders! It was great having her help this weekend with everything.
Pat (and the boys) are almost done installing the grass! The kids love being out there now. My mom loved seeing an the cousins play together. I love how in one weekend we essentially tripled the usable space of our backyard.
No comments:
Post a Comment