Friday, July 10, 2026

7/10/26

 I wrote on social media that it was our 24th anniversary today. Fortunately older-sister-Leah is quick on IG because she texted me confused with my math, seeing as she was celebrating her 24th anniversary. ha! Glad I was able to edit that it's our 22nd anniversary. 

But in usually fashion, neither of us took the reigns, so we had a normal day at home. Grant and Ander come home from YM camp tomorrow. It's been quiet without them. 

I've started a habit of lifting weights for 15 min right after Pat and my morning walk. I've done it for 3 days now, so I'm pretty proud of myself. I've gained a bit too much weight. I'm almost back at my original top weight that I was when we first moved to Idaho. I'm pretty bummed aobut that. Sadly, I don't seem to be able to control my eating this time. My emotions and lifestyle are too off kilter. I'm sad and stuck , etc etc and eating has been my only reliable coping mechanism. I want it to change. Just don't know how. Super sad about it. Newfound "resolutions" and "goals" don't really work for me anymore. I'm too old to believe I can sustain deprevation, hunger, or facing some real emptiness in my life. So until I'm ready for that, or have solutions...(sigh). My last hope is that I can at least get enough motivation to get on GLP-1 and hopefully calm the noise in my head around eating. I've heard that happens for a lot of people, so I have high hopes. 

Chase and I have been working through the Shrek movies. Gosh, they are so great. We just finished #2 today. We've been watching a movie with the girls each night too. Tonight we watching half of The Mask of Zorro.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...