9:45pm sitting out on the back porch and it is HOT! I was hoping for a slightly cooler evening to enjoy while I type my journal entry for the day. Now I'm seriously considering going in because I'm going to start sweating real soon!
The boys spent a good chunk of the day at the Chappius'. Lydia drove them over because they were having a yard sale and they wanted to check things out. Jennie is the coolest most generous person. She insisted on giving them a 100% off coupon to whatever so, of course, Chase came home withe a camel back, 2 large bags of plastic diamonds and gems, and roller blades. Heidi got come clothes that she wants to alter to fit her.
The girls went to Rosie's birthday tonight while the boys watched more of Transformers. I have a small tolerance for that movie so I went upstairs and watched a couple episodes of The Crown. This season is definitely not a "page turner" but at the same time I'll be really sad when the show ends. I don't have a good replacement.
I helped the girls come up with a budget-friendly, yet fun birthday gift. The fact that they liked the idea made me feel good (because they're not shy about telling me when I ruin things or are of no help at all... :( ). I gave up the bath & body works lotion that I had bought for myself (it was the only one I had that wasn't a Christmas flavor), and then suggested they give her a bag of homemade rainbow cotton candy. It' something easy (since we have a cotton candy machine), but fun for people since you don't get it often. AND it's big so it makes a present bigger. When Lydia made the cotton candy, sugar crystallized in a the shape of a rainbow on the edges. (I have a pic of Heidi holding it...before she ate it :) ).
No comments:
Post a Comment