Saturday, January 15, 2022

Saturday January 15

 This morning I went to High Fitness at the YMCA.

I came home to find Pat cooking a hearty breakfast for us all: hamburger patties, roasted diced potatoes, fried eggs. We call it "special breakfast," except we usually have bacon instead of hamburger patties. We were planning on going sledding later that day so Pat wanted a breakfast that would stick to the kids' bones.

After we ate, Pat and I ran back to the Hubble showroom to take a look at a different flooring than the one we originally chose. We ended up switching it to the light Solid. I'm nervous about how it will look, but kind of excited that it's so different and bold.

Once home, Pat ran out and bought chains for the car tires while I helped the kids get their snow gear ready and packed snacks. We tried to go sledding once a year up in Idaho City. I'm bummed that they increased the price to $15 from $10 last year. But it's beautiful up here and fun to be in the forest with free rein to sled wherever and have lots of room for lots of people. A lot of families make it an all day event they bring barbecues, fires, and music. Lots of tailgating while the kids go play. Pat wanted to do something similar, but I thought it was too much to do a big setup like that so we just come up for a couple hours. Plus Pat and I usually spend the whole time playing with the kids.


Chase got tuckered out before the other kids. He kept pleading to go home. So he and I took a break in the car. He was very happy to rest and eat a left over hamburger patty. By the time he was ready to hit the hills again though, Pat and the kids were headed back to the car to go home. I'll have to figure out better gloves for Chase. Even with his waterproof mittens, he keeps getting snow at his wrists.


Overall we had a fun time. I think next time we'll take a break to eat at the car and rest so we can spend more time there.

That evening I played a couple games of pool with Pat. (He wanted to go take a break and code, but I wanted him to stay with the family. He was happy to play pool with me. A compromise😊). Grant and Heidi played a game with him after I was done getting beaten!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...