This morning we had scripture study at 8:00 a.m., as usual. You would have thought it was 6:00 a.m. with the kids cuddled up in blankets half asleep. I still haven't figured out a way to get Lydia to fall asleep earlier. She stays up too late and I didn't catch that she had a headlamp in her bed last night. I don't want to spend all my time and effort being the bedtime police. It was Grant's day for breakfast. He made french toast.
I went to the South YMCA for High fitness. Unfortunately I always have to leave early Wednesday mornings so that I can get back to drive the girls to school in time. I remembered to pick them up today though!
At lunch every day we read heroes of History: John Adams. Before that, we read one the one about Thomas Edison. We've all learned so much; the books are written well. It's a really great way to learn history. I have the kids narrate back to me what we read and hopes that they will retain some of the information!
The kids are being real stinkers about doing PE today so I opted to be Fun Mom and brought them to Discovery Park in Meridian. They were willing to suit up in their warm clothes to go there. We hadn't been since summer. I'm actually writing this sitting in the warm car watching them through the window.
No comments:
Post a Comment