Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Tuesday Jan 11

 Today has been so busy, which I actually liked because it was a good busy and kept my mind occupied. But, bad on that it revealed that I need more practice juggling lots of things because I lost track of so much.

For example, between trying to cook lunch and dinner, workout with Mal, and be ready for Heidi's dentist appt, I totally forgot to pick the girls up from school! They didn't call until they had waited nearly a half hour! I told them next time they need to call me earlier, but thanked them for being patient. 

Heidi had a very long dentist appt where they re-glued a broken space maintainer. Sure enough they charged me for it (without notifying me beforehand... they never do. That's why I hate medical appts. You're never sure "what's included.") But the other dentist, that I couldn't get an appt with until APRIL said he wouldn't charge for it. So that gave me confidence to fight the office lady and inform her that it's very temporary, still BROKEN (but glued), and I'm not about to pay $50-78 just to turn around and pay an ortho thousands in a few weeks (since the dentist recommended bringing her to an ortho as soon as possible). Lucky for me $50 one's not worth and emotionally distraught woman in their office so I got the fee waived! Yay! Did I also mention that I threatened to pull my children from there business and go elsewhere 😬. Since the fee was waived the office lady asked so do you want to keep Heidi's 6 month appointment? I kindly told her yes we can (letting her know she hadn't lost our business). The other dentist is closer though so... I'll probably still just go with him. 

Mal came to work out with me which is good. We do strength training together. I need to do more strength training to help my metabolism. We've been doing Caroline Girvan on YouTube. 

That evening we had book club. Kaleela joined via Video chat. Oh the marvels and benefits of technology. Tanya brought a friend, which I was grateful for since a couple of women from my ward don't attend anymore. It was great to sit and chat with them, even if my day was extra busy. My "cup" was filled and I was able to go to sleep right away without having to eat a snack or watch a show. 

I'm also starting a "resolution" of sorts to put down my phone at 10:30 p.m. and not pick it up again. I have stayed up too late way too many times getting absorbed into something that wasn't a high priority. And I found a good night sleep is the key to all other good habits in my life.

Spoiler: I found the next morning my bread dough STILL in the bread maker🤦😩. A whole loaf wasted. Need to practice juggling more things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...