Christmas Eve! Had a slow morning with Pat, scripture study, cleaned up the house, and started cooking. I made 2 soups (apple curry & beef and barley) and 3 breads (rosemary, lion house, normal wheat loaf).
Mal + fam came over in the afternoon. We all went to Albertsons to pick out a lobster. So busy, but the lines moved fast.
Mallory made sugar cookie dough that the kids cut out.
We sang carols, a Florian tradition. Lydia, Heidi, Grant, and Tegan accompanied us on the piano. Wendell played the remaining songs we wanted to sing.
I interrupted singing by grabbing a lobster from the fridge, sneaking up behind the couch, and scaring Mal half to death. It was hilarious. I had so much fun running after the kids. Lydia was a good sport and let Pat put it on her head... until it grabbed on to her hair and didn't want to let go!
We cooked the lobsters and said good night to cousins. Now we're ready for Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment