Friday, December 31, 2021

Friday December 31

 Chase took a nice long bath today. Every so often he would request that I add hour water so that it was warmer and deeper. Later he was yelling for me, which is a very frequent occurrence, so I wasn't quick to respond. I think Grant might have gone to help when Chase yelled, "Mom I have a problem!," I find that he had dumped a whole bunch of soap(!) and filled up the tub very deep! Ooooh Chase, lol. 


Lydia was happy to help in the kitchen. I do appreciate that. I sauce and cheese the pizzas. Lydia makes the combo pizzas. Heidi and Grant do the pepperoni. I do the Hawaiian and BBQ chicken. I wish I could get a picture of all the pizzas done, but we always start eating before all the pizzas are done cooking!




We rang in the 2022 with New York City's midnight. We drank our sparkling cider and the girls went outside to yell "Happy New Year!" As loud as they could (something Lydia and I did in Wellington). The kids are fighting yucky colds and Lydia said it was too bad she was sick, otherwise we could've had a party to celebrate. (I suppose I'm a bit grateful she was sick bc I wasn't up to planning a party!... or staying up till midnight). I do miss going to the Holman's though. In Wellington they've always hosted a casual party where the kids could run around and have fun and eat. I can't believe it's already 2022. Time seems to just speed up every year.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...