Thursday, June 11, 2026

6/11/26

 Poor Pat was on call this week for work and got pulled into an incident at, I dont even know... 5am?? I tried for a few minutes to fall asleep in bed, but I knew with Pat's desk lights on and him talking to colleague, I would not get any rest so I headed downstairs to the couch. I believe I did, indeed, fall back asleep; I'm grateful I was able to get a bit more rest before beginning the day.

The boys slept in until 10am (that seems to be the natural wake up time this summer...), but I let it go because with the girls at Girls Camp, it was nice to just have a quiet morning. 

Just before 11 we were off to volunteer at the Salvation Army. A few days ago, Juliana Garcia petitioned our moms text group looking for volunteers to help serve lunch. A lot is asked of the women, any many of them were already helping at Girls Camp, so after hearing that teens could help out I volunteered Grant, Ander, and myself. I've been wanting to give the boys more service opportunities and this one was perfect. Easy, very needed, and they get to see a more needy population in our community. The boys were extra happy that they got to eat pasta salad (Ander's favorite) and try Mounds Ice Cream Pie (leftovers from lunch). As a bonus, we got home earlier than expected so the boys still have time to grab free lunches at the park (something our town does every summer). 

About an hour after we got home, Emma Chandler (a young mom that I minister to) dropped off Baby Dane for us to snuggle. I've watched a couple times before, but today was special because the boys were home. It was the first time Ander & Chase held a baby, well, at least that they were old enough to understand and remember. I loved giving them that opportunity to be around a small baby (he's about 2.5 months old). Ander and Chase went through all the normal first fascinations: oh how small his fingers are! look at his little feet! My hand practically covers his entire head! I forced Grant to hold Dane as well, but he didn't find Dane nearly as entertaining as the other boys. Chase loved it when Dane was awake: smiling at him, bopping his nose, stroking his fine soft hair. Ander really relished snuggling Dane as he slept on his shoulder. Dane is such a good baby: I was able to get him to sleep and then transfer him on to Ander. Ander stayed on the couch and tenderly stayed still and calm for over an hour while he slept. Baby Dane was really good for Ander too, who gets overstimulated. It was interesting to see how Ander thrived just breathing in the calm and quiet energy of a sleeping baby. I put on my some music in the background as white noise. Even Chase and I commented that we could feel a different kind of energy in the home. So cozy and warm; Ander & Grant ended up falling asleep, even after sleeping in until 10am!


 

Can I just say that I love the show The Crown? Pat prefers Wheel of Time. I need Pat to fill me in on the details though since I won't read the book and they're really grazing over details to move the story along. It would've been nice if they had more seasons to really get in to each episode and have it track the book. As it is, it's "eh" for me. (note: earlier seasons were better)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...