We were supposed to watch Baby Dane again today. Didn't happen though because he slept in until 11am (!!!!) and was still pretty fussy by 12:30 and definitely not ready for a nap!
Zach Chappius came over shortly after the boys woke up (which is waaaay too late in my book). They all went to free lunches, played outside, came back to finish watching Treasure Planet (one of Zach's fav movies), and play chess. Then I drove them to Zach's house where they, no doubt, are playing hours and hours of mindless video games. Gosh I really hope Ander is able to use his skills at building self-control and not be a total nightmare when he comes home. I warned him that was a condition of him going, but I've never been good at holding boundaries when it comes exceptions. I think it's more because I never know what the "right" thing to do is. Will he give up trying forever and see "being nice" as a hopeless endeavor? [That's what I think]. But Pat tends to think that I need firmer boundaries so that he actually starts trying to behave consistently. Hasn't happened with Heidi though..so... yeah. Just one big fat experiential while we cross our fingers!!
It's been glorious to sit out on the porch in the shade and read The Q while I eat breakfast... and then lunch. Or like right now when I'm writing in my journal. But at 5:45pm, we're at the peak of the day in temps. It's getting quite warm and about that time to head in for a bit of air conditioning.
No comments:
Post a Comment