Imagine my surprise when, after retiring to bed at 8:30pm, Anderson still wasn't awake by 8am the next morning. We had breakfast plans so I went ahead and woke him. He was all snuggled under a huge pile of blankets (grandma's basement is kept chilly) on the queen bed. Ander said he had a great night's sleep. Ha!
Grandma joined us for breakfast at the Sidecar Cafe in Springville, UT. Ander and I had done some research the night before looking for a good omelet place. Omelets are Ander's favorite thing to order at a breakfast restaurant. From the photos online, this cafe looked acceptable, so we decided to check it out. The food wasn't anything to write home about, but it was good enough. The fun part, is that the place is essentially a motorcycle museum with a themed cafe joined. It had a cool vibe. Ander and I checked out the first floor while we waited for our food. After breakfast, Grandma joined us exploring the 2nd floor. Ander's favorite part were the metal sculptures displayed amongst the memorabilia.
We dropped Grandma off at home and then hit the road for our 6 hour drive home. I managed to make it on 1 tank of gas!! The drive was boring and safe (the kind I like), but the traffic into Boise was awful from an accident on the freeway. It added about 25 min to our drive. It was so frustrating and caused me to arrive home in a very agitated state. I wanted to be happy and exciting to see Pat and Chase, but I was just so tired and annoyed from trying to navigate home in a timely fashion. (good maps failed me!... sigh).
It was nice that Pat was happy to see me and came outside to greet me. (I think he didn't want to repeat the last time: he didn't get off is computer in time to greet me and I told him it really hurt my feelings).
I let Ander play a new tennis game on the Wii and watch Simpsons with Chase so Pat and I could watch a show in our room and have time together. I needed it to get all my anxiety out! Pat also listened to me non-stop talk for a while in my attempt to catch him up/verbally process some hiccups during the FSY drop off. (I'm proud of myself for getting 5 kids checked in on my own, but there were some emotions in there that were swirling in my head. Talking to Pat helps ground me a bit).
No comments:
Post a Comment