Had a rough few days. Felt a little better this morning, so I grabbed that willpower and put it to work: cooked 3 batches of breakfast sausage, cooked french toast, marinated a whole bunch of chicken breast and cooked some for Pat's meals today, washed and prepped strawberries, peeled and cut a cucumber, and started prepping soup for my breakfast. Then I went to the boys room to wake them up and help the tidy their room for a bit. Boy did it take a while to get Grant going. And both he and Chase were very resistent to my efforts. I stayed firm and now the room is less of a minefield.
Pat and I go for a walk most mornings. We both have a firm goal of getting 10,000 steps per day. Our morning walks really help us with that. When we don't have anything urgent or interesting to talk about, we listen to an audiobook. Right now it's The Second Mountain.
Because we live in a low income area, they offer free lunches at the park. All the kids go to get lunch and play. It's really a nice set up because I get some quiet time in the afternoon and don't have to worry about making lunch for the kids. I'm happy they are motivated to spend more time outside, which they only do because there are boys there daily to play with.
Earlier this week, Pat proposed taking the family rock climbing and swimming at the YMCA. I know it's good to get out and do fun things with the family, but with my physical/mental health lately, it was just too hard for me today. The kids were so understanding and allowed me to postpone until after they get back from FSY. Lydia really came to my rescue by proposing that she take all the kids to Krispy Kreme for their 6 free "A's on the report card" donuts. Lydia didn't get any, not wanting to temp herself with so many donuts. It was very thoughtful of her to do this. It wasn't so disappointing for the kids that way.
Pat's really stressed about work. Most of our conversations have been about his work troubles. He has to verbally process a lot. Wish I could help him more. But kinda wish even more that he could leave work at work and not work overtime (which he's had to do for many days now). He's an excellent provider, and if this is what he needs to feel supported, I'm happy to do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment