Friday, April 15, 2022

Fri April 15

 Wow! Seems that God is seeing fit to test my flexibility lately. Yesterday was the day of road closures. On my way to the YMCA and to Lydia's piano lesson we were confronted unexpectedly with road closures. In both instances it was important that we get there on time. There was no delay in the class. And it was very important to me to go. For some reason Google did not know about the road closures. Changes in directions make me especially nervous because I don't know the area that well and I'm not super spatially aware.

I had to take lots of deep breaths to stay calm. Fortunately I had left early enough in both cases that I was only 2 minutes late to the piano lesson...and about 10 min late to High Fit, but the class was small so it was ok to join late. 

There was another major hiccup when I brought the girls to swim lessons, got them all ready with their caps on, and THEN got a text from Susanne saying that they were short of teachers and the girls should come to the 6:30pm class. Which is right smack in the middle of Family Pizza Movie Night. I already had the dough rolled out. The girls were all ready at the pool. But what a waste to have them be with the tiny kiddos during class. So once again I took a deep breath and figured out a way to be flexible. 

 On top of all this, when I'm finally making the pizzas, I made some mistakes (a 3/4 BBQ chicken instead of a full one), but I just kept taking breaths and pivoting. But man was it hard when I pulled my much anticipated BBQ chicken pizza out of the oven to find that I had forgotten to put the chicken on it!! Luckily this week the chicken was already cooked and seasoned in the fridge, so I microwaved it quickly and then sprinkled it on top. It tended to roll off since it wasn't cooked into the pizza, but at least the pizza was edible. And actually quite delicious :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...